RealTime Notification system using Laravel 5.5

Learn how to build RealTime Notification system using Laravel 5.5. In this series, I am going to use Laravel Echo, Pusher js and Vue js. Laravel provides support for sending notifications across a variety of delivery channels, including mail, SMS (via Nexmo), and Slack. Notifications may also be stored in a database so they may be displayed in your web interface.

You should refer to Laravel Documentation for better understanding, for more examples and for finding different ways of doing something other than from what I have taught you.

This series includes the following videos

  1. Installation
  2. Notification
  3. Broadcasting

Correcting Common Mistakes made by Users

  1. Inside .env file, check whether you have changed BROADCAST_DRIVER=log to BROADCAST_DRIVER=pusher 
  2. Inside app.php file inside the config folder, check whether you have uncommented App\Providers\BroadcastServiceProvider::class, 
  3. Don't forget to comment out encrypted => true from broadcasting.php file inside the config folder. It is only required when your application is in production. 
  4. Don't forget to run php artisan config:cache once you have edited your .env file or made changes to any files inside your config folder.
Also, don't forget to support my channel by subscribing to it. Click the bell icon for not missing any of my future videos.

Comments

  1. Good day sir, I watch your videos in youtube about notifications but I'm still noob didn't understand well for I am just new in Laravel.... By the way I search about notifications but most is about slack and pusher..

    In my case is, When there's a push event in github it will notify the admin of the updates.

    What I've done so far:

    1. I configure webhook URL in github
    2. I install guzzle
    3. and use Laravel notification

    Here is my question in Laracast: https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/laravel/real-time-notification-what-is-the-proper-implementation

    Hope you have suggestions sir.

    Thank you and God bless.

    Best regards,

    Jerome

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RealTime Chat Application using Laravel 5.5

Email verification on Account registration